Top 6 Beach Party Ideas for Kiwi Families
There’s more to summer than sunshine and swimming! Why not host a beach party for your family and friends? Perfect as an alternative to that Christmas roast at Nana’s or having your daughter’s birthday party inside at home, a beach party is a celebration to remember!
New Zealand’s 6 Most Popular Beach Party Ideas
I love a great party, no matter where it is. Recently I have styled a few amazing parties at some of Auckland’s most beautiful beaches. I find that the Auckland city beaches such as Mission Bay and Takapuna Beach are great family friendly beaches, with Piha and Muriwai beaches being more suitable for adults. But regardless of where you have your beach celebration, styling your party is made easy with Party by Design’s fabulous party ideas:
- Hula Party Theme – Why visit Hawaii when you can have your very own hula party close to home! Grab some flower leis and hula skirts for guests, along with your choice from our selection of and and you’re ready to go! I suggest hanging a mixture of and between tall bamboo poles. These will help define your party space for your guests.
- Under the Sea Party Theme – dance the night away with a magical under the sea party at the beach! Gather a collection of driftwood and drape with some seaweed. Then create your own fishy props such as oversized cardboard starfish, hang some and set up our on ‘dry land’ for when guests have finished exploring!
- Message in a Bottle Invitations – party invitations don’t need to be sent in an envelope. Source some small corked bottles and place your scrolled paper invitation inside. You could even add a bit of sand or a treasure too. Hand delivering your bottle invitations is the best method to prevent breakages via mail.
- Mermaid Themed Party – every little girl loves the story of Ariel the Little Mermaid. Our Mermaid Themed Party – contains everything you need to help her fall in love with Prince Eric all over again! We can even organise everything for you, letting you enjoy the magic of the deep blue sea too. to find out more!
- Beach Ball IceBreaker – meeting strangers at a party is not everyone’s cup of tea. Help your guests get to know each other with a beach ball icebreaker activity. Blow up the ball and write a question on each segment of it. It is then thrown between guests and as they catch it, they must answer the question on the closest segment facing them.
- Fishbowl Punch – everyone loves drinking a great punch. Create your own beach themed punch by mixing up your choice of a blue alcoholic or non-alcoholic punch drink. It can be as simple as blueberry cordial or a Blue Shark cocktail, the choice is yours. Pour the punch into a large glass fishbowl and guests can serve themselves using a ladle.
For more great DIY beach party accessories for your beach party, we have an enormous range of , from favour tags to napkins and cutlery to straws. Or if you would prefer, we can just for you. Take a look through our wide range of and book your next beach party today with Party by Design.